Sunday 1 April 2012

Flower Power

No...it's no April fools joke! I am posting my 3rd blog for today.  Playing catch up actually. 
Flower Power nights are classes where I try to incorporate a new style of flower on a card. Sometimes it's a flower revisited, sometimes it's brand new.  Sometimes it comes from inspiration of other blogs and this flower is no exception.  My flower card inspiration came from one of Joanne's cards at  http://joanne-mainlyflowers.blogspot.ca/   She makes the most beautiful and breathtaking cards. Here's my take on it.



I don't know what she used to make her flowers but I used the scallop circle punch for mine and scored to the middle at every other valley and then cut down at the valley (almost to the middle) on those that weren't scored. Inked around each section with matching ink to get the petals to pop and folded the valleys together to give some depth to the flower.  Adhered with dimensionals to the card.
Hope you like them. Thanks for stopping by.
Cath

No comments:

Post a Comment