Thursday 20 September 2012

Converting 3" notes to full cards

Good Day All
Recently I received a 3 x 3 little card in my delivery and it was so cute I just had to make some of my own.  It also got me thinking about how I could turn it into a full size card with very little effort. Below is a full card I made by adding the so saffron and wisteria wonder and ribbon to the 3 x 3 white card


 
I liked it so much we did them in our first class for the fall as a refresher card.  Refresher meaning scoring, cutting, stamping, adding bows and embellishments. Here's a couple more we did. We also did 3x3" cards to go along with them.

 
And below is my take on CASING myself
 
 
 
made a bob boo and just covered it with another label on dimensionals

 
 
Also in the refresher course we used embossing folders and the scoring tool.  We two step stamped and did our most favorite thing of all... adding GLITTER!!!  We can never get enough glitter. Trying to think outside the box for Christmas, I came up with a card CASED on myself (see earlier post with xmas trees shared at regionals) based on Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral, Gumball Green and Early Espresso for the one card and Cherry Cobbler for the other two. All popped up on dimensionals.
 

 
Cherry Cobbler above & below on VVanilla. Used pearls for centre instead of glitter brad
The glitter does not show up clearly here but looks absolutely fab in real life.
 
 


 Angel was embossed with Cherry Cobbler and highlighted with glitter on bottom of skirt, top of wings and cuffs.  Hope you enjoyed!!!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful cards! I love cards that are quick and easy for beginners or for a lot of cards in a short amount of time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete