Wednesday 30 October 2013

Halloween and Washi

BACK AT IT!

     Holy COW! I cannot believe that it has been almost a year since my last blog. Well, I can believe it actually with all that has happened since last year. Won't go into any major details but I have been very busy taking care of other things and not myself or my love of crafts.
     Really, truly, it is the only thing that keeps me completely sane and I am a happy camper when I'm doing it, working with it, designing and such.
     I recently when to Scrapfest in Oshawa with my good friend Wendy and was very inspired to create.  I left with some fabulous make n takes and wanted to get right back at teaching, el pronto!
     First on the list was the bag toppers for Halloween in our class.  We were chatting about various things and the topic of washi tape came up.  My ladies asked "what's washi tape?" WHAT? Well, we'll just have to do some of those washi tape cards.  Second week was some Washi tape cards.
     I must confess, when washi tape first came out I didn't like it at all. Not one bit. You'll never catch me buying washi tape! Well, that's how it goes with me. I don't like something and before you know it I'm in love with it.  Takes me a while to warm up to things completely out of my comfort zone. Oh, ya, and that gorgeous grunge stuff...yuck, yuck yuck.  Well I absolutely love it now.  In the meantime I thought not to spend a whole lot of $ on something I hate, I went to the local dollar store and picked upsome cheap stuff.  Turns out, I like it lots and am now going to get the Stampin Up good stuff.  I've learned from experience...buy the good stuff cuz the crap will turn out crap in the end. Anyways, here's my toppers and my take on a couple CASE cards that I saw in the last week using some inexpensive goods and some great SU stuff.









Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment